2018 Road Relay
TEAM SUPPORT VEHICLES
Each team is allowed THREE official support vehicles. Each vehicle must use a flashing yellow beacon and events signage (caution runner on road) while on the course. (Signage will be provide my event management)
- PICKUP VAN: multi-seater (12 seat maximum): C-class licence required. This vehicle transports runners and picks up/drops off at each section changeover during the event. Can also be used as a backup water truck if required.
- WATER TRUCK: Can be a second multi-seater van, wagon or Ute. This serves water to runners at various points on the course. Although each team must be provide its own water truck, all water trucks will provide water to all runners from all teams as required.
In addition to driver, there should be from one to three helpers.
- FOLLOW CAR: Sedan with good side and rear visibility. This vehicle follows slowly behind the runner for the duration of the event.
In addition to driver, the follow car also must carry one helper as a navigator and second pair of eyes.
PLEASE NOTE THAT EACH TEAM MUST PROVIDE ITS OWN SUPPORT VEHICLES. EACH VEHICLE DRIVER MUST HAVE A C-CLASS LICENCE.
ALL VEHICLE DRIVERS MUST ATTEND ONE OF THE SCHEDULED DRIVER BRIEFING SESSIONS HELD IN THE WEEK LEADING UP TO THE EVENT.
(1) All runners must be protected by a follow car at all times. In case of follow car breakdown or other incapacity, contact the Race Director who will organise an Event vehicle to cover your runner.
(2) The Event Organiser will supply two independent water trucks for use in sections of the course where there is insufficient room for team water trucks.
(3) NO TRAILERS ALLOWED.
(4) No other vehicles are permitted to travel with the relay.
Each “OFFICAL VEHICLE” will be signed with the team name and team number, and a “Caution – Runners on Road “ sign for the rear.
The Event organiser will supply vehicle signage.
GENERAL SAFETY RULES
- Seatbelts must be worn during the event.
- Water Truck drivers or people watering runners must wear safety vests - to be supplied by teams.
- All vehicles must be roadworthy.
- Runners are not permitted to wear MP3 players, Walkman’s, etc.
- VEHICLES are not permitted to Park within 100m after a changeover.